Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gaudi's Casa Batllo, Barcelona


When paying a visit to Barcelona, don't miss this splendid Art Nouveau extravaganza, Casa Batllo.

A ceiling light fixture in the parlor.

An obscure glass window.

Looking down the main staircase.

Another downshot from the staircase to the main floor.

A light shaft in the center of the structure brings light into every floor. This was shot through one of the rippled obscure glass railings.

The top floor has these succession of archways, which instantly reminded me of the corridor to the wizard's chamber in The Wizard of Oz.

1 comment:

OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It also looks like a much finer Hollywood Bowl...! I LOVE Gaudi's woek...This is the first time I've seen the inside of this building...I've seen lots of pictures of the outside on my Blog Friend Mar's, blog..(She lives in Spain near Barcelona, and she is on my sidebar)...Lovely Lovely imaginative building! He was a true Artist!